During treatment your skin and nails may be affected whilst having Chemotherapy and or Radiotherapy.
It is important to note- these side effects may effect you, they may not, each individual is different and you should consult your local Health Professional, if you have any concerns.
Choosing the best skin care whilst you are going through Chemotherapy and Radiotherapy can be difficult, this is the reason I developed a range of skin care from my background with Industry specialists to help individuals going through Chemotherapy and Radiotherapy.
Having had many year’s experience in Radiotherapy, I am now focusing on the skin care range and clothes adaptable for individuals.
Taking good care of your skin is important whilst having Chemotherapy and Radiotherapy- reason being skin can get irritated during treatment.
- Change in colour, like a sunburn affect.
- Skin may brake
- Pain or Discomfort.
Keeping hydrated and drinking plenty of water will increase the skins plumpness, as well as flushing out all the toxins.
To look after your skin, you can:
- Avoid perfumed soaps and perfumed products.
- Keep skin clean.
- Moisturise at least once a day, however we do tend to advise morning and evenings.
- Ensure the moisturiser is immersed into the skin.
- Protect yourself against the sun- at least Factor 15 and re-apply often.
- Avoid scratching or wet-shaving your skin.
- Bathing- be gentle with your skin, patting your skin dry with a soft towel.
- Drink plenty of water- to keep hydrated.
- Wear comfortable, breathable clothing such as cotton or linen.
- Underwire Bras, straps and tight collars can cause irritation if they rub against the skin.
- Be careful not to scrub at the marks that may have been put on by Radiographers, you can gently remove, but not scrub.
During or after treat your nails may become brittle, flaky, ridged or lined. They can also become sore, swollen or painful.
- Don’t wear false nails.
- Wear comfortable shoes.
- Use hand cream or foot cream.